"None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful." – Mother Teresa
Did you know ?
- India has the largest undernourished & hungry population in the world.
- 15.2% of Indians are undernourished.
- 194.6 million people go hungry every day.
- 30.7% of children under 5 are underweight.
- 50% of women in India during their reproductive age suffer from anemia.
- 1 in 4 children malnourished in India.
- 3,000 children in India die every day from poor diet-related illnesses.
- 30% of neonatal deaths in India.
40% of the total food produced is wasted every year in India. India is a significant contributor on account of both pre and post-harvest waste in cereals, pulses, fruits, and vegetables. it is a huge challenge for a country like India to waste so much food when many people are spending days in poverty and hunger.
Retail Level - Restaurants, supermarkets, hotels, bakeries, local vegetable vendors, instead of discarding your fresh surplus food, simply sell it to our customers at discounted prices. In this way, you can monetize, otherwise which would have simply gone waste and our customers get super discounted deals.
Household Level - There are many times when we end up buying or cooking more than we need. We are building a community where you can simply donate your surplus food either to your neighbors or the poor & needy. You can also buy from our partners who offer last hour discounted deals just for our customers.
Social Events - We all understand the fact that how much food gets wasted at social events. Next time you don't need to throw away your surplus food. Simply give us a call, our volunteers (Food Angels) will come and pick it up and will give it to the poor & needy or simply to some charitable organization.